The Lady’s kisses or Baci di dama, as we call them in Italian, are famous biscuits from the city of Turin where there are very good quality hazelnuts.
They are really easy to prepare and last a week if you preserve them in airtight container.
Lady's kisses-Baci di dama
- plain flour: 200 grams
- hazelnuts: 200 grams
- caster sugar: 200 grams
- unsalted butter: 200 grams
- vanilla: 1 pod
- orange the grated zest: 1
- dark chocolate (or Nutella): about 100 grams
- Toast the hazelnuts into the preheated oven at 160º C for about 20 minutes keeping an eye on them to avoid burning them.
- Let cool them down then put in a food processor with 2 teaspoons of the caster sugar and whizz to make a fine powder.
- Cream the butter with the remaining sugar, add the ground hazelnuts, the seeds from the vanilla pod, the zest of the orange and the sifted flour. Form a dough without working it too much then roll it into a ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for a night.
- Roll the dough into 30 balls (about 1,5 cm), put them into a tray lined with baking parchment leaving at least 2 cm space between them and put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 170ºC until slightly golden.Melt the chocolate (or use the Nutella if you prefer) then take 2 biscuits and stick them together with a bit of melted chocolate in the middle.