These bacon-wrapped potato bites are the perfect party appetiser! Sweet and fluffy baby potatoes wrapped with cheddar cheese and thin slices of bacon. Crunchy outside and creamy inside.
Perfect for every occasion, from a birthday party to a barbecue or Christmas dinner, these bacon-wrapped potatoes will be everyone’s favourite! I recently prepared them for a dinner and as soon as I put the tray on the table my guests devoured them!
These little crunchy bites are great with a mustard dipping sauce, a tartare sauce or even with a light guacamole.
Bacon-wrapped potato bites
- baby potatoes: 12
- bacon or smoked pancetta: 24 rashers
- mild cheddar cut into 4 squares: 6 slices
- fresh thyme to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cook them in salted boiling water until you can prick them with a skewer without breaking them.
- Drain and place in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and fresh thyme. Set aside to cool down.
- To wrap the potatoes, arrange 2 slices of bacon to form a cross, place a cheddar square in the center, then put a potato on it, top with another cheddar piece and close with the bacon. Repeat with all the potatoes.
- Secure the bacon slices using a toothpick and place all the wrapped potatoes on a baking tray slightly oiled.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Serve warm.