Here’s another tasty idea for parties: crunchy meatballs with a melted mozzarella hearth!
Meatballs with sesame seeds and mozzarella
- minced beef: 500 grams
- white bread: 1 slice
- medium eggs: 1
- Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil drained and chopped : 2-3
- mozzarella cubed: 1
- clove of garlic: 1
- milk: 1/2 glass
- sunflower oil for frying (as needed)
- parsley (as needed)
- fine breadcrumbs: 1 tbsp
- salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Soak the bread in the milk, squeeze it and the add it to the mince in a big bowl. Add the chopped parsley and garlic, mix well then pour over the slightly beaten egg. Season withsalt, pepper and the grated nutmeg. Combine everything well then, if the mixture is too sticky, add the breadcrumbs. It's not always necessary.
- Divide the mixture in about 12 round balls, make a hole in the middle of each and put a piece of sun dried tomato and a mozzarella cube.
- Close,give them a ball shape and then press them a little bit (like a small burger).
- Roll the meatballs in the sesame seeds to cover them completely.Deep fry in hot oil and serve straight away.