These savoury muffins are so easy and quick to prepare but they are very tasty.
Perfect served with a cured meat and cheese board but also cut in half and filled like a little milk roll for a buffet or a picnic.
Tasty savoury muffins perfect with cured meat and cheese
- plain flour: 200 grams
- medium eggs: 3
- whole milk: 100 millilitre
- sunflower oil: 80 millilitre
- baking powder: 2 tsp
- Parmesan freshly grated: 60 grams
- Pecorino cheese freshly grated: 30 grams
- Green olives pitted and sliced: 80 grams
- Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil chopped: 80 grams
- Grated nutmeg (a pinch)
- Sift the flour with the baking powder.Put all the dry ingredients (flour, cheese and baking powder) in a bowl .
- Mix the liquid ingredients(milk, oil and eggs) in a measuring jug, then add them slowly into the bowl of the dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Add the tomatoes, the olives and the nutmeg, mix again then scoop the batter into a greased 12 hole muffin pan.
- Bake at 190°Cfor about 15/20 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.Serve warm or cold with cured meat and cheese.
You can substitute the olives and sun dried tomatoes with every other ingredient that you like as ham, bacon, cheddar, peas etc...