A comfort food perfect for these first cold days: a soup with sweet potatoes and Kamut, healthy, quick and really tasty.
Sweet potato and Kamut soup
- sweet potatoes: 400 grams
- Kamut Khorasan wheat quick cook: 150 grams
- onion: 1
- extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- water (as needed)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- fresh sage (to taste)
- fresh rosemary (to taste)
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into chunks (about 2 cm). Put them into a bowl with cold water and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a large pot, add the sage and rosemary then the onion, finely sliced and saute over a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the potatoes (drained) and mix well on high heat for another couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper and cover with boiling water. Bring to a simmer until the potatoes will be soft adding the Kamut in the last 10/15 minutes.Serve hot with a drizzle of oil and crunchy bread.