The artichoke and Gorgonzola cheese tart is perfect for a quick lunch or to serve as a starter. It’s easy to prepare and full of flavour.
Artichoke and Gorgonzola quiche
- ready-rolled puff pastry: 1 pack
- fresh artichoke (or 250 grams canned artichoke hearts in water): 5
- shallot: 1
- white wine: 1/2 glass
- Gorgonzola or Saint Agur or Stilton cut into pieces: 100 grams
- milk: 200 milliliters
- medium eggs: 2
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated: 50 grams
- almond flakes toasted: 50 grams
- grated nutmeg, salt, pepper and oil
- Before starting fill a big bowl with cold water and squeeze a lemon in it.If you are using the fresh artichokes pull off the outermost leaves until you get down to theyellow leaves. Cut off the top third of the artichoke. Cut also the stem. Cut the artichoke in half and remove the furry stuff in the center. Then put them in the water prepared. Slice finely the shallot and sautè in a pan with a little bit of oil.Cut the artichoke into thin slices ( about 3 mm and add them to the pan. Stir fry for a couple of minutes then add the wine. let I evaporate, season with salt and pepper and cook for a couple more minutes leaving them crunchy because they will continue cooking inside the quiche.
- Unroll the pastry and line a 25 cm tart tin.Fill it with the cooked artichokes and add 50 grams of Gorgonzola pieces.
- In a bowl mix well together the milk, eggs, Parmesan, a little bit of grated nut meg, salt and pepper to taste and pour this mixture over the artichokes. Bake into the preheated oven at 180° for about 15 minutes then add the rest of the Gorgonzola and continue to cook until golden.
- Once cooked add on the top the almond flakes.