I made this colourful salad using both sweet and savoury ingredients: I used strawberries and mango and added some rocket salad and avocado. The result is a dish super fresh and tasty!
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- wild rocket: 150 grams
- avocado: 2
- mango: 1
- strawberries: 15
- capuccine capers in brine: 2 tbsp
- mixed seeds (sunflower, squash, linseed): 1 tbsp
- filtered fresh lemon juice: 2/3 tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil: 4/5 tbsp
- salt (to taste)
- Wash thoroughly the rocket, shake it well (if you've got a salad spinner use that) and leave it to dry on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Peel the mango and the avocados, remove the stone and cut them into slices 4 mm thick. Squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on the avocado slices to avoid them turning brown.
- Wash and dry the strawberries, strip the stalks and cut them in half.
- In a big salad bowl put all the ingredients prepared, add the capers and mix well.
- Mix the lemon juice with a little salt and ,whisking with a small balloon whisk, add the oil slowly until you have an opaque citronette.
- Pour the citronette over the salad, mix well and serve with the seeds on top.