This steamed cauliflower salad is easy and super quick to prepare. Full of flavour, rich in vitamins it’s the perfect for a light lunch or served with meat or fish. I used purple and yellow cauliflowers but you can use the classic white cauliflower too.
For a perfect salad do not over cook the cauliflower but keep it a bit crunchy. i steamed it, but if you prefer you can boil it in salted hot water. You can also add other ingredients to this salad, like pickled onions, gherkins and small cheese cubes. I dressed it using a vinaigrette made with extra virgin olive oil, vinegar salt and pepper. If you don’t like the taste of vinegar you can make a citronette using lemon juice instead ofvinegar.
Steamed cauliflower salad with olives and anchovies
- cauliflower broken into florets: 1 chilo
- pitted black olives: 100 grams
- pitted green olives: 100 grams
- anchovy fillets , cut into pieces: 4-6
- capuccine capers: 50 grams
- fresh chilli , seeded and sliced: 1/2
- bistro salad: 1/2 bag
- extra virgin olive oil: 6 tbsp
- vinegar: 3 tbsp
- salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- Wash thoroughly the cauliflower and cook it in the steamer. Do not over cook it, keep it a little bit crunchy. Once cooked put the florets in a bowl of cold water to cool down, then drain and lay them on a kitchen towel.
- Put the bistro salad into a bowl with the cauliflower, olives, capers, anchovies, chilli and mix well.
- Prepare a vinaigrette mixing the oil with the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add the vinaigrette into the bowl with the other ingredients, mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.