Today I want to share with you my homemade granola recipe.
I always have a big bowl of fresh fruits and goat yogurt topped with this delicious granola for breakfast! It’s crunchy and not too sweet, I absolutely love it!
I prepare it every month and store it in a Tupperware so it stays fresh for very long and I often change the ingredients and use just what I find in my pantry, so it’s a good recipe for using my baking leftovers!
- raw whole rolled oats preferably organic: 400 grams
- raisins: 100 grams
- mixed nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans. almonds): 150 grams
- mixed seeds: 2 tbsp
- honey: 150 grams
- olive oil or sunflower oil: 3 tbsp
- ground cinnamon: 1 tbsp
- liquid vanilla: 1 tbsp
- ground ginger: 1/2 tsp
- sea salt: 1/2 tsp
- Melt the honey in the microwave or in a bain marie.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a big bowl except for the raisins that you will use at the end. Mix well and add the melted honey until all is well combined and lightly coated. It will be very sticky! Pour over the oil and the liquid vanilla, stir well then spread the mixture in an even layer ona baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cook in the preheated oven at 160°Cfor about 30 minutes stirring halfway.Once the granola will be completely cool, brake the big lumps and add the raisins.
- Store the granola in an airtight container for 2/3 weeks at room temperature.
You can add extra ingredients like coconut flakes, candied fruits or chocolate chips.