Sorry, It’s been a while since I’ve posted on the blog in English but I’m following so many projects this summer that I feel like I don’t have time for anything!
But I’m finally here with a lovely recipe for you: a strawberry mousse easy to make a very delicious!
- strawberries: 400 grams
- caster sugar: 125 grams
- water: 75 grams
- leaf gelatine: 6 grams
- lemon (the filtered juice): 1/2
- double cream: 150 grams
- Cut the strawberries and puree them. Then pass the puree trough a sieve to remove the seeds.Add the lemon juice, mix well and set aside.
- Put sugar and water in a heavy bottomed pan, bring to theboil then cook for about 5 minutes until you have a slightly thick syrup.
- Soak the leaf gelatine in cold water. Let the syrup cool down until the temperature drops to about 40ºC (if you don't have a thermometer wait at least 30 minutes then touch it with your finger: if you can bear the temperature it will be ready), squeeze and drain the gelatine and add it to the cooled syrup, mix until dissolved then add to the strawberry puree.
- Wait until the mixture starts to become solid, whip the cream and add it to the strawberry syrup: work with 3 bowl, one for the strawberry syrup, one for the cream and one to mix the 2 things. Start mixing 1 tablespoon of cream and one tablespoon of syrup and keep adding one tbsp at a time until you have smooth mixture.
- Fill 6 little cocotte with the mousse anf refrigerate for 8 hours.Serve with fresh strawberries on the top of each mousse.