Chocolate mousse is one of my favourite dessert but to make it you have to prepare an Italian meringue whipping the egg whites with a hot sugar syrup. So it’s not the easiest dessert! This vegan chocolate avocado mousse, instead, is so easy and quick to prepare! Only three ingredients and it’s ready in ten minutes! It’s the perfect alternative to the classic chocolate mousse and it doesn’t taste of avocado!
The avocado gives to this vegan mousse a smooth and silky texture. This dessert is not only delicious but it’s healthy and light. It doesn’t have sugar but maple syrup and it’s dairy free and gluten free. The vegan chocolate mousse is the perfect sweet treat that leave you satisfied without feeling guilty! To add flavour I used some grated orange zest but you can swap it with vanilla extract or cinnamon. For a thicker texture just add a tbsp of raw cocoa powder.
Vegan chocolate avocado mousse - dairy free and gluten free
- avocado , peeled and pitted: 150 grams
- dark chocolate , cut into pieces: 200 grams
- maple syrup: 50 grams
- orange , the grated zest: 1/2
- Put the chocolate into a bowl and microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir it and repeat until it is completely melted. Set aside until lukewarm.
- Put the avocado flesh in a food blender with maple syrup and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the lukewarm chocolate and the grated zest of a half orange and blend again until you have a silky, lump-free mousse.
- Pour into 2 small glasses and serve with fresh fruit, vegan cream or yogurt and grated chocolate..