If you love brownies this is the recipe you were looking for: delicious chocolate brownies, sweet, gooey and crunchy, topped with dark chocolate ganache and pecan nuts. Believe me, try them and you won’t use any other recipe! It’s easy, foolproof… you only need few ingredients, a bowl and a wooden spoon, easy peasy!
- For the brownies
- dark chocolate 70%, chopped: 100 grams
- unsalted butter: 150 grams
- medium eggs: 3
- caster sugar: 250 grams
- plain flour sifted : 100 grams
- baking powder: 1/8 tsp
- walnuts roughly chopped: 100 grams
- pecan nuts: about 30
- For the ganache
- double cream: 200 grams
- dark chocolate 70%, chopped: 200 grams
- liqueur of your liking optional: 1 tbsp
- Melt the chocolate with the butter gently in the microwave or on a bain-marie. Let the mixture cool down a bit then add 1 egg at a time stirring with a wooden spoon: please don't use a spatula or aballoon whisk because you don't want an airy batter, the brownies must be chewy inside.
- Add the sugar, stir well then add the flour sifted with the baking powder. Add the chopped walnuts, stir until the batter is well combined then transfer in a 22x30 cm (or similar dimensions) baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake into the preheated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. DO NOT BAKE FOR LONGER THEN 35 MINUTES OTHERWISE THE BROWNIES WILL BE DRY. Leave the brownie into the baking tray while preparing the ganache.
- For the ganache put the cream into a small saucepan and warm on low heat until it almost simmer, turn off the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Stir well until completely melted, add the liqueur (if you are using it) and pour the ganache quickly over the brownie.Move the baking tray to cover evenly the surface, let it cool down a little (about 10 minutes) until the ganache thickens a bit then press the pecans on the surface. Let the the ganache cool down completely then cover the tray with cling film and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- After the resting time take the brownie out of the fridge. Fill a big tall bowl or a pot with boiling water and immerse in the blade of a big serrated knife. Cut the brownies with the hot knife cleaning the blade after every cut with kitchen paper. Put the brownies in little cupcake cases and refrigerate until you serve them.