These mini avocado toast with fried quail eggs are the perfect party food. Elegant, easy and quick to prepare everybody will love these lovely canapes! I love the classic avocado toast so I thought it would have been cute to prepare a smaller version of it. These bite-sized crostini are ready in less than an hour, you just need a good baguette, some ripe avocados, cherry tomatoes and quail eggs.
I love quail eggs, they taste so delicate and light. You can eat them soft boiled or fried like regular eggs. When cooking them you need to be careful and check the timings: for boiled quail eggs cook them in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. For fried eggs just cook them in a hot pan for about 1 minute until set.
Peeling a boiled or a raw quail egg could be tricky but there are a few tips you can follow. To open a raw quail egg just cut the shell gently with a small serrated knife until you break the inner membrane then open the egg using your fingers. To easily peel boiled quail eggs just put them in a bowl of half water and half vinegar after you boil them. Leave them into the bowl for 30 minutes and the shell will peel off perfectly.
Mini avocado toast with fried quail egg
- baguette: 1
- avocados , ripe: 2
- lime , the juice: 1/2
- cherry tomatoes , halved: 6
- fresh thyme
- fresh rosemary
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil as needed
- parsley: 12 leaves
- Cut the baguette into twelve 1 cm thick slices. Put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with some chopped thyme and rosemary. Bake in the preheated oven to 200°C for a couple of minutes until golden and crispy.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.Squeeze the lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Smash the flesh with a fork until you have a cream with some chunks.
- Lightly grease with oil a pan and cook the quail eggs one at a time for about a minute.
- Spread each toasted baguette slice with some mashed avocado, place a fried egg on top and a piece of tomato. Season the egg with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.