During summer fruit salad is my favourite after dinner treat. It’s easy, healthy and so refreshing. It’s the last-minute dessert to prepare when you invite friends but it’s too hot to use the oven and bake a cake.
But why not presenting it in an elegant way instead of serving it in the same boring glasses?
The fruit tartare is scenographic but still easy and quick to prepare, trust me 😉
- pineapple: 1
- kiwi: 2
- nectarines: 2
- strawberries: 10
- papaia: 1/2
- mango: 1
- lemon (the juice): 1
- Grand Marnier or Rhum: 4 tbsp
- caster sugar (to taste)
- vanilla ice cream or clotted cream (to taste)
- Cut the fruit into small dices, about 5 mm, and mix it with the lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan put 1 tbsp of sugar, the liqueur and about 5/6 tbsp of water, let the sugar dissolve then set aside to cool down. Once cool mix the syrup with the fruit and put into the fridge for half an hour.
- Place a round 8 cm cookie cutter onto a small plate, fill it with the fruit (drained), press the fruit with the back of a spoon then lift the cookie cutter.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the top or a clotted cream quenelle