This no-churn ice cream is so easy and quick to prepare that you will love it! Few ingredients for a delicious and refreshing dessert. I used plums and blackberries because they are in season,but you can swap them with strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, fresh or frozen. If you use fresh fruit remember to choose ripe and juicy fruits because they give more flavour to your ice cream.
Making no-churn ice creams is very simple.
- Start boiling the fruit with sugar and lemon juice until soft.
- Puree the mixture using a hand blender.
- Pass through a sieve to get rid of skin and seeds and cool down completely.
- Whip the cream and blend it with the fruit puree.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours stirring it with a fork every 30 minutes.
- Once frozen take it out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
For a lighter and healthier ice cream, instead of 400 grams of double cream you can use 200 grams of yogurt and 200 grams of double cream. And if you are vegan you can substitute them with dairy free/plant based products.
No-churn plum and blackberry easy ice cream
- plums , ripe and stoned: 300 grams
- blackberries: 100 grams
- double cream: 400 grams
- caster sugar: 150 grams
- lemon , the juice: 1
- ground cardamom: 1 tsp
- Put the stoned plums cut in halves, blackberries, lemon juice, cardamom and sugar in a saucepan and boil until soft. It takes about 10 minutes.
- Puree the fruit mixture using a hand blender and pass it through a sieve to remove skin and seeds. Let cool down completely.
- Whip the double cream to stiff peaks. Fold the cold fruit puree into the cream a couple of tablespoons at a time. Pour the ice cream mixture into a container with a lid and put into the freezer for 3 hours remembering to take it out every 30 minutes and give it a stir with a fork to avoid ice crystals from forming.
- Once frozen take it out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving so it will be easier to scoop.