Hi! I’ve decided to start a new section on the blog about sandwiches and paninis because I love preparing them (and also eating them!!) and I think that a sandwich can be a healthy option for lunch if made using quality and seasonal (when it is possible) ingredients. Today I’ve prepared a flatbread sandwich with roasted aubergines and a super crunchy tuna and olive paste.
If you prepare it please share a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #myfoodiesandwich and I will repost the best pictures on my Insta stories!
- folded flatbreads: 2
- aubergine: 1
- tuna chunks in oil: 100 grams
- Green olives pitted: 80 grams
- almond flakes toasted: 30 grams
- mayonnaise: 2/3 tbsp
- salad tomato sliced: 1
- lettuce: 2 leaves
- oil (as needed)
- salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Cut the aubergine into slices 3/4 cm thick, arrange them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the preheated oven at 200ºC until slightly charred.
- Combine olives, tuna, almond flakes and mayonnaise in a food processor and process for a couple of seconds to form a paste: it should be crunchy so do not over mix it.
- Open the flat bread, spread it with the tuna paste, arrange the lettuce, top with the tomato and aubergine slices, add some tuna chunks, almond flakes and olive for extra crunchiness then fold the bread and enjoy your sandwich