Here’s a new autumnal recipe: a creamy and rich risotto with Brie , pear and walnuts perfect for cold days.
Pear, walnuts and Brie risotto
- risotto rice (arborio or carnaroli): 400 grams`
- shallot coarsely grated: 1
- red wine: 1 glass
- smoked pancetta diced: 80 grams
- smoked pancetta sliced: 100 grams
- pears big ,ripe, yet very firm: 2
- Brie cheese: 200 grams
- walnuts roughly chopped: 80 grams
- unsalted butter: 60 grams
- Parmesan cheese freshly grated: 100 grams
- meat stock: 1,5 litres (about)
- Heat 40 grams of butter in a saucepan, add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the diced pancetta and fry for about a 2-3 minutes. Add the rice and stir well for a minute or two until the rice becomes slightly transparent and the butter has coated the grains.
- Pour in the wine and let it bubble until evaporates completely, then start adding the stock 1 ladle at a time waiting it to be absorbed before adding another ladle. Continue until the rice is creamy and tender, stirring frequently.
- In the meanwhile peal the pears and cut 1 and half pear into small dices and the remaining half pear into thick slices.Heat a griddle and cook the sliced pear until slightly coloured.
- Cut the Brie into cubes but riserve some of them for the decoration.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook the sliced pancetta until very crunchy.
- About 5 minutes before the rice is cooked add the diced pear and stir. At the end add the Parmesan, the cubed Brie, the remaining butter and stir again.Serve decorating with the grilled pear, the crunchy pancetta and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.