This courgette, onion and Stilton tart is perfect for picnics or brunches. Easy to prepare it’s delicious served with a crispy salad or a light soup. The crunchy shortcrust pastry base is filled with thinly sliced courgette, sauteed onion, crumbled Stilton and a mix of milk, cream and eggs. It’s tasty and creamy, great to eat warm or cold.
You can prepare it in advance and keep it into the freezer ready for when you don’t have enough time to cook a meal. It’s super quick to make if you use a ready rolled pastry but, if you prefer, you can prepare the pastry from scratch (find the recipe here).
Courgette, onion and Stilton tart
- ready-rolled shortcrust pastry: 1 pack
- courgettes , medium: 2
- onions: 2
- Stilton: 50 grams
- grated parmesan cheese , freshly grated: 50 grams
- whole milk: 200 grams
- double cream: 200 grams
- medium eggs: 4
- salt , to taste
- ground pepper , to taste
- extra virgin olive oil , as needed
- nutmeg , freshly grated to taste
- Thinly slice the courgettes and stir-fry them in a pan with a little oil until golden and crunchy. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let cool down.
- Slice the onions and sauté them in a pan with some oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 20x25 cm tart tin (or a round 24 cm tin).
- Arrange the courgette slices over the shortcrust pastry base.
- Add the sauteed onions.
- Scatter the crumbled Stilton over the onion.
- In a large jug whisk the eggs with Parmesan, milk and cream. Season with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg then pour the mixture over the tart.
- Cook into the preheated oven to 180°C for about 30-40 minutes or until the edges of the tart are golden and the filling set.