Hi everybody! I’ve recently started a collaboration with a Sardinian supermarket chain and every month I will prepare a recipe using their products.
This time I prepared a fresh and healthy salad with grilled peaches, buffalo mozzarella and Parma ham, perfect for summer time
Grilled peach salad
- peaches: 6
- wild rocket: 300 grams
- endives: 2
- buffalo mozzarella about 250 grams each, cut into chunks : 2
- sliced Parma ham: 300 grams
- almonds not peeled: 100 grams
- honey: 2 tbsp.
- extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- lemon (the filtered juice): 1/2
- edible flowers optional (some)
- salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Wash the rocket and the endives and lay them on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Wash the peaches, halve and destone them then cut into wedges about 2,5 cm. Heat a griddle pan and grill the wedges on both sides for a few minutes until marked but still crunchy. You can roast the peaches also on a BBQ.
- Put the almonds on a tray lined with baking parchment, drizzle with oil and roast them into the preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and let them cool down. Then roughly chop them, reserving some for the decoration.
- In a large bowl mix about 4 tbsp. of oil, the lemon juice, the honey, salt and pepper, add the rocket, tossing gently to coat. Arrange the rocket and some endive leaves on a platter. Top with the peach wedges, the sliced Parma ham, shaped like little roses, the mozzarella chunks and the chopped almonds, decorate with edible flowers and serve.