We are having a pretty warm summer in Cambridge this year so at lunch time I always crave fresh and easy to make meals. This prawn and mango salad is quick, healthy and delicious.
It’s a salad full of flavours and textures: the sweet and soft mango cubes are so good with the crunchy courgette ribbons, the maple syrup, lemon and mint dressing gives the salad a really fresh and light taste. I simply loved it!
Prawns, mango and courgette salad
- prawns (frozen): 350 grams
- cherry tomatoes: 150 grams
- courgettes (medium): 2
- mango (big and ripe): 1
- extra virgin olive oil: 4 tbsp
- maple syrup: 2 tbsp
- salt: 1/2 tsp
- ground pepper (to taste)
- pink peppercorns (crushed): 1 tsp
- lemons (the juice): 2
- fresh mint (finely chopped): 5 leaves
- Cook the prawns in boiling water for about 10 minutes, drain and let them cool down.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, get rid of the seeds then cut into little pieces.
- Peel the mango and cut it into 1 cm cubes.
- Using a potato peeler slice the courgettes into ribbons, put them in a bowl and add the juice of 1 lemon and a pinch of salt. Mix well and let marinate until the other ingredients will be ready.
- In a big bowl put the prawns, the tomatoes, the mango and the courgette ribbons (without their marinade) and mix well.
- In a small bowl put the juice of the remaining lemon, the oil, 1/2 tsp of salt, the maple syrup, the chopped mint and pepper, whisk well then pour over the salad and mix well.
- Serve straight away garnishing with the pink peppercorns and some mint leaves.