The Oat and coconut chocolate chip cookies are a great alternative to the regular chocolate chip cookies. They are gluten free but still very tasty.
The oat flour and the rolled oats give these cookies a nice texture and the raw coconut flour makes them smell divine. The hazelnuts just add crunchiness and extra flavour. I definitely love these biscuits!
Oat flour: a good gluten free alternative
Oat flour is naturally gluten-free so perfect if you are gluten intolerant. As I mentioned in the oat flour crêpes recipe oat is a very nutritious food and it is highly recommended in low calories diets. In fact, eating oat gives you a feeling of fullness and this may help you loosing weight. But oat is not only healthy, it’s also very tasty! I love using it even if I’m not gluten intolerant or on a diet.
These oat cookies are super easy and quick to make. There’s no resting time and it takes about 10 minutes to prepare the dough. Oat cookies stay fresh for 3 to 5 days if kept in an airtight container.
They are perfect with coffee or tea or just if you fancy a yummy snack! You can swap the hazelnuts with almonds or walnuts, and, for a healthier version, you can substitute the chocolate with raisins.
Oat and coconut flour chocolate chip cookies
- oat flour: 150 grams
- raw coconut flour: 100 grams
- rolled oats: 150 grams
- unsalted butter soft: 225 grams
- light muscovado sugar: 150 grams
- eggs , medium: 2
- dark chocolate chunks or chips: 100 grams
- pinch of salt
- baking powder: 1/8 tsp
- toasted hazelnuts roughly chopped: 150 grams
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the oat flour, coconut flour, rolled oats, hazelnuts, salt and baking powder in a big bowl and set aside,
- Cream the butter with the sugar in the food processor using the paddle attachement.
- Once it's light and fluffy decrease the speed and slowly add the flour mix.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the chocolate chunks and mix quickly until combined.
- Transfer the dough onto the table. Divide it into pieces of about 30 grams each. Roll the pieces into balls and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper making sure to leave a little room between each cookie. Press each cookie slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until golden.