If you are a gazpacho purist, please, don’t continue to read because this one is not its original recipe 🙂 If, instead, you’d like an easy and tasty recipe ready in half an hour for a no fuss meal, well, you are in the right place! To prepare it I used the amber tomatoes because I love them! They are sweet, juicy and… look at their beautiful colour! Amazing!
- amber tomatoes: 600 grams
- small yellow pepper: 1
- celery stalk: 1
- potato boiled: 50 grams
- cucumber small : 1
- extra virgin olive oil (plus some to serve): 100 millilitres
- ketchup: 1 tbsp
- clove of garlic crushed: 1
- Tabasco, salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- fresh thyme: 2 sprigs
- sourdough 1,5 cm thick: 6 slices
- celery leaves finely shredded (as needed)
- parsley finely shredded (as needed)
- Peel the cucumber and remove the watery inside, peel also the pepper, the potato and the celery. Cut the tomatoes in half. Put all the vegetables with the ketchup, few drops of Tabasco, garlic, oil, salt and ground pepper into a liquidiser and blend until completely smooth.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Cut some sourdough slices into cubes and some into long stripes, season with oil, pepper, salt and some fresh thyme and cook into the oven at 200°C until golden and crunchy.
- Divide the gazpacho between 4 bowls or mugs, serve topped with the celery leaves and parsley, a drizzle of oil and the croutons.