Recently I’m quite obsessed with the salted caramel, I simply love it! I could eat it every day, really!
This tart combine it with a bitter chocolate ganache and the result, for me, is delicious!
Dark chocolate ganache and salted caramel tart
- For the shortcrust pastry
- plain flour: 250 grams
- icing sugar: 125 grams
- unsalted butter at room temperture: 125 grams
- egg: 1
- For the ganache
- dark chocolate 70%: 250 grams
- double cream: 250 grams
- For the salted caramel
- caster sugar: 200 grams
- double cream: 200 grams
- unsalted butter at room temperature: 180 grams
- Maldon salt flakes: 5 grams
- For the shortcrust pastry put the flour, butter and icing sugar in the food processor and pulse the mixture together until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, add the egg, pulse again to combine everything then transfer the dough on a floured surface and knead very gently to create a smooth ball. Wrap it in cling film and put the pastry into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Grease a fluted tart tin (about 20 cm) with butter, roll out the dough (about 2,5 mm thickness) and line the tin. Put again into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- For the salted caramel put the sugar in a medium heavy-bottomed pan and let it melt. Swirl the pan if you have any dry bits, don't stir. When the sugar begins to become lightly brown add the hot double cream and stir well for about 5/6 minutes. Be very careful now because the mixture will be very hot and it will bubble a lot. Turn off the heat, add the butter and the salt stirring with a spatula then let it cool down a bit.
- Line the tart tin with baking parchment and fill with ceramic baking beans or dried pulses.Cook in the preheated oven at 180C for about 15 minutes, remove the baking parchment and the baking beans and finish to cook until golden. Let the tart cool down.
- Pour the caramel into the pastry case and smooth the surface with a palette knife. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt it gently in the microwave then pour over the chocolate thenearly boiling cream and stir well until smooth.Pour the ganache over the caramel and set into the fridge for about 2 hours.Once ready decorate the tart with fresh raspberries, whipped cream andMaldon flakes.