The stuffed peppers are tasty and very easy to prepare. Served with basmati rice they are a nourishing and complete main dish.
- minced beef: 300 grams
- minced pork: 300 grams
- medium eggs: 2
- Parmesan freshly grated (plus some extra to sprinkle the top): 80 grams
- white bread sliced : 100 grams
- milk: 1 glass
- clove of garlic finely chopped: 1
- parsley finely chopped: 2 tbsp
- medium peppers: 6
- fine breadcrumbs: 4 tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- salt (to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Put the milk in a small bowl with the bread, cut into small pieces, and let it soak for 10 minutes. Then squeeze it very well.In a big bowl put the meat, eggs, parmesan, parsley, garlic, the squeezed bread, season with salt and pepper then combine everything together to form a firm mixture. Cover with cling film and set aside.
- After washing them cut the top out of the peppers and put them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper: you will use them as lids for the peppers.Scoop out the seeds and arrange the peppers on another baking tray lined with parchment paper without leaving any space between them so the won't collapse during the cooking time. Sprinkle the inside with salt.
- Stuff the peppers with the meat filling then sprinkle the tops with parmesan and bread crumbs.Cook in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 60 minutes. Check them while cooking because sometimes they cook in less then an hour. 20 minutes before they are ready put the tray with the lids into the oven, so they will cook remaining crunchy.
- Once cooked put the lids on the peppers and serve warm with basmati rice.