Today I want to share with you a salad that I often prepare when I want something healthy but tasty.
The quail eggs, with their light and delicate taste, give the salad an exotic flavour, the pine nuts add an extra crunchiness and the super tasty, creamy and fresh dressing doesn’t cover the other ingredients’ flavours.
Peppery salad with quail eggs, roasted fennel and toasted pine nuts
- peppery salad or lamb lettuce: 200 grams
- quail eggs: 8
- fresh fennels: 2
- pine nuts: 70 grams
- Greek yogurt or plain yogurt: 150 grams
- sweet paprika: 3 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- salt (to taste)
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 5/6 minutes, then put them in cold water with a little bit of vinegar: this will help the peeling procedure.Once peeled cut the eggs in halves and set aside.
- Toast the pine nuts in a non-stick pan for a couple of minutes until golden.Cut the fennels into thin slices (about 0,5 cm) and roast them in a non-stick pan with a little bit of oil few minutes each side: they must remain crunchy. Season with salt and pepper at the end.
- In a big bowl put the salad, the pine nuts, the fennels and the quail eggs and season with 2/3 tbsp of oil and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the yogurt with the paprika, a pinch of salt and a tbsp of oil then dress the salad with it and serve.
If you prepare the salad in advance don't mix it with the dressing otherwise it won't stay crunchy. Serve the salad with the dressing on the side.