Hi everyone! I’m finally back with a new name for the blog: from “In cucina con Patty” to “My foodie days” that was the original name of the blog when I started it 5 years ago and it’s the name I use for all my social accounts (InstagramTwitterFacebook). Now I’m also independent and no longer on the Italian IFood website, so to celebrate I want to share with you a new recipe: the chocolate and pear cake that I prepared a few days ago; a delicious cake, soft and moist perfect served with cream or vanilla ice cream but also good just dusted with icing sugar.
Chocolate and pear cake
- medium eggs (whites separated from yolks): 6
- dark chocolate 70%, melted: 250 grams
- unsalted butter at room temperature: 200 grams
- icing sugar: 180 grams
- ground almond: 100 grams
- plain flour: 70 grams
- cornstarch (or potato starch): 60 grams
- baking powder: 2 tsp
- pear halves in light syrup: 1 can
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, the ground almond then the melted chocolate.
- Sift the plain flour with the cornstarch and the baking powder into the batter, then mix well.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks and add them slowly to the batter using a rubber spatula.
- Drain the pears, slice them without cutting the top to create a fan shape.
- Pour the batter into a round cake tin (about 25 cm) lined with baking parchment. Arrange the pear fanson top of the butter slightly opening the slices.
- Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Once cooled dust with icing sugar.