Hi everybody! A few days ago I’ve baked a delicious rhubarb and strawberry tart and I wanna share the recipe with you 😉
For the crust I’ve prepared a shortcrust pastry following the recipe of a famous Italian pastry chef Iginio Massari, his recipe is the best shortcrust recipe that I know: it’s so light and not too sweet, perfect with the strawberry and rhubarb filling.
Rhubarb and strawberry tart
- For the shortcrust pastry
- butter at room temperature: 200 grams
- icing sugar: 120 grams
- honey: 30 grams
- egg yolks: 60 grams
- salt: 2 grams
- plain flour: 333 grams
- orange (freshly grated zest): 1
- For the filling
- strawberries cut in quarters: 400 grams
- rhubarb cut in 1 cm pieces: 100 grams
- raspberries: 50 grams
- caster sugar: 80 grams
- flour: 3 tbsp
- lemon (the filtered juice): 2
- Cream the butter, icing sugar and honey in the food processor with the flat beater until pale and fluffy.Add the orange zest and mix again.
- Mix the egg yolks with the salt and add them to the batter. Continue to beat adding the flour very slowly until you have a well combined dough.
- Transfer onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently the dough to form a flat block. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the strawberries and the rhubarb into a big bowl, add the sugar, flour and lemon juice and mix well. Set into the fridge until you are ready to roll the dough.
- Roll out half of the shortcrust pastry on the floured table and lined with it a square tart tin (about 20x20cm). Pour in the strawberry and rhubarb filling with all the juices and arrange also the raspberries.
- Roll out the remain pastry and create some pastry stripes to cover the tart.
- Bake the tart at 170°C for about 20/30 minutes until the pastry is slightly golden