Here’s a super healthy and tasty recipe!
In a few steps you will have a delicious meal low in calories yet still satisfying and yummy.
Oven baked aubergines
- aubergines: 4
- sundried tomatoes: 4
- tomatoes cherry or baby plum: 300 grams
- capers: 2 tbsp.
- fresh parsley and basil
- clove of garlic
- Worcestershire sauce: 1 tbsp.
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- Cut the aubergines in half then make a few slits in the flesh of the aubergine lengthways. Put them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix 2 tbsp. of oil with a pinch of salt and some ground pepper and brush the aubergine flesh.Chop finely the garlic with some parsley leaves, 1 tbsp. of capers and the sundried tomatoes then tuck everything into the slits.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C until the aubergines will be coloured and soft if you prick them with a fork.
- Meanwhile cut the tomatoes in half and season them with some oil, salt, pepper, a tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce and some capers chopped with about 10 basil leaves.
- Once the aubergines are ready let them cool down a little then serve with the tomato salad on top.
For a tastier meal you can add 2 tbsp. of freshly grated Parmesan and some mozzarella slices on the aubergine 10 minutes before they are ready, so the cheese will melt without becoming dry. For a more summery recipe you can serve the aubergines cold and add to the tomato salad some crumbled feta.