Here’s another recipe I prepared for the Sardinian supermarket chain “Supermercati Pan”. A pasta salad with salmon and avocado perfect for picnics or dining in the garden during these last few days of summer. You can serve it into jars so everyone will have their portion with no need of disposable plates 🙂
I think that the rich and buttery flavour of salmon and avocado matches perfectly with the fresh and light taste of ricotta,lemon zest and dill, one of my favourite herbs, and the result is a meal easy to prepare but healthy and very tasty.
Pasta salad with salmon, avocado and ricotta
- short pasta penne, farfalle, fusilli: 300 grams
- fresh salmon: 250 grams
- smoked salmon: 200 grams
- ricotta: 250 grams
- avocados ripe: 2
- organic lemon (juice and grated zest): 1
- fresh dill (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- Cook the pastain salted boiling water and drain it a little bit "al dente". Spread it on a tray lined with parchment paper and pour over a couple of spoons of oil so the pasta won't stick.
- Arrange the smoked salmon on a plate with some lemon juice, some grated zest and few pieces of fresh dill, cover with cling film and let it marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice the fresh salmon into dices (about 1,5 cm) and quickly stir fry them in a pan with a little bit of oil, salt and pepper. Set aside until cool down completely.
- Season the ricotta with grated lemon zest, a pinch of salt and pepper; cut the avocado into dices big as the fresh salmon ones and pour over some lemon juice to avoid the flesh turning brown.
- Put the pasta in a big bowl with all the ingredient, mix well and serve.
If you don't like the ricotta you can use cream cheese like Philadelphia.